Work in a wonderful team setting to provide care and support to Adults with Developmental Disabilities. The position requires a valid Florida Driver's License, current insurance for vehicle owners, ability to successfully complete Level II background screening, ability to meet DOT physical requirements, and maintain the ability to meet all physical requirements of the position.
- Assist in all aspects of in-home care of participants assigned, including feeding, dressing, diapering, toileting, comforting, providing recreational activities, ensuring the safety of, and otherwise providing for all physical, emotional and recreational needs of respite program participants and their siblings.
- Follow child’s daily schedule as set by child’s parent and be sensitive and responsive to consumer’s needs.
- Assist in keeping respite participants clean and changed into clean clothing if necessary at all times.
- Work cooperatively with the child’s parents and family members, as well as the Director of Community Inclusion Services.
- Attend additional in-service trainings or staff meetings as required by the Director of Community Inclusion Services.
- Provide consistency of service and arrive on time to all assignments.
- Maintain awareness of individual client records and knowledge of disabilities, special diets, medication, etc. of individuals.
- Respect families’ religious and cultural differences.
- Maintain available transportation to assigned respite sites throughout the county.
- Effective communication in verbal and written English
- Maintain telephone service for scheduling.
- Maintain the ability to meet the physical requirements of this position as related to duties at all times.:
High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
(1) year of supervised direct care experience working with individuals who have a development disability, or working in a medical, Psychiatric, nursing or childcare setting. College or vocational/technical training equal to 30 semester hours, 45 one-quarter hours or 750 classroom hours can substitute for the required experience. All employees must meet Level II background screening standards, and complete the in-home respite caretaker training provided by The Arc.