Direct Care Providers
Per Diem Opportunities available in several programs working non-traditional and flexible schedules based upon the temporary needs of various programs. Possibilities include a variety of locations, shifts and days of the week at $11.00 per hour. Requirements include: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and a minimum of one (1) year experience working in a medical, nursing, psychiatric, supervised childcare setting or working with persons with developmental disabilities. College or vocational/technical training equal to 30 semester hours, 45 one-quarter hours or 750 classroom hours can substitute for the required experience. A valid Florida Driver's License is required and vehicle owners must have current auto insurance. Reliable transportation and telephone service for scheduling is necessary. All employees must meet Level II background screening standards, training requirements, and must maintain ability to meet physical requirements of the position. Types of per diem assignments include: Respite (in-home care and center based), Residential, Potentials, and Recreation.
Director of Residential Program
This position is responsible for the administration and oversight of The Arc of Palm Beach County’s Residential Program which includes APD licensed group homes across Palm Beach County. This position ensures that the residential program meets federal and state licensing and quality assurance guidelines as required by the Agency for Persons with Disabilities and Home and Community Based Services Medicaid Waiver.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and at least five years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities and two years’ experience in management.
- Develop policies and procedures for each group home in cooperation with each Residence Supervisor.
- Ensure proper financial management and billing management of each group home.
- Participate in the agency’s long range planning; research and develop new elements of current programs and/or new programs.
- Develop and network with contacts for the purpose of adding to our constituent base and to our support base; represent the agency at public meetings, civic meetings and /or meetings with constituents.
- Working with Arc as well as other agency personnel to ensure the proper training of all staff.
- Ensure that best-practice standards are met in the operation of each program; ensure quality assurance practices are followed in each program; maintain funders’ standards.
- Work with the CFO and Controller in developing the yearly budget for each program.
- Reorganize supervisory staffing among the programs to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Submit a monthly written report of activities, problems, solutions and plans.
- Assist with special projects as necessary.
- Responsible for oversight of collection of programmatic data and submission of data to the office of the COO.
- Responsible for oversight of submission of Budget Variance Reports to the CFO based on monthly Statement of Activities from the Accounting Department.
- Ability to bend, carry, climb, grasp, kneel, lift, pull, push, reach, sit, squat, stand, twist, and walk as related to duties of this position.
- Ability to lift and carry 20 lbs.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of staff members.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with strong attention to detail and set priorities as required.
- Possess strong problem solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to meet drug free workplace and other required background checks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products and other software as required.
Residential Habilitation Coach
Full-time and part-time positions available in a residential setting to provide all aspects of care and support to adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities. Duties include assisting residents with daily living skills including bathing, dressing and toileting; training toward independent living; medication administration; participating in community outings; meal preparation and household maintenance. Requirements include HS Diploma/GED and a minimum of one year of experience in a medical, psychiatric, nursing or child care setting OR related experience working with persons with disabilities. The position requires a valid Florida Driver's License, current insurance for vehicle owners, ability to successfully complete Level II background screening, ability to meet DOT physical requirements, and maintain the ability to meet all physical requirements of the position.
First Steps to Success-Developmental Specialist
F/T Position available to provide in-home/in-field developmental services to children birth to five (0-5) and their families. Bachelor’s degree, Master degree preferred, in early childhood, special education, psychology or related field (OT, PT, S/L, Humanities, Social Sciences) or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent programmatic experience; 2-3 years of experience working with children in either classroom or home-based setting with developmental focus. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; ability to work well in professional teams and fluency in Spanish in addition to English, is required. CPR and infant CPR training or ability to obtain training within the first six months of hire; current Florida driver license and auto insurance.
Per diem positions available at $11.00 per hour. This position requires flexibility to accept assignments that will include a variety of locations, shifts and days of the week. Requirements are High School diploma or equivalent (GED) and minimum of one year experience working in a supervised children's program; CPR; and First Aid certification. A valid Florida Driver's License is required, and vehicle owners must have current auto insurance. Reliable transportation and telephone service for scheduling is necessary. All employees must meet Level II background screening standards, Drug Free Workplace standards and training requirements, and must maintain the ability to meet physical requirements of the position.
HealthySteps Administrative Associate