The work The Arc of Palm Beach County does is felt in all corners of the community. Every year, we serve more than 3,100 families. Through our meaningful programs, we change lives every day.
Here’s a more specific snippet of what we accomplish year in and year out:
- Our Career Transition Program prepares individuals with developmental disabilities. Many are already employed part-time.
- Not only does The Arc provide an employment specialist to participants working in the community, we also create partnerships with local companies to employ Arc clients on a part-time basis through our Enclave employment program.
- The Arc operates four group homes located throughout Palm Beach County for individual’s developmental disabilities. The residents range in age from 22 to 82 and have varying abilities.
- At our Day Camp (ages 5-17), which provides great social opportunities during school’s winter, spring and summer breaks, more than 100 campers have participated.
- Through our respite care program, trained professional caregivers provide short-term care to children with developmental disabilities, enabling parents or guardians personal time to attend to their own medical appointments, errands or to simply rest. During most years, more than 180 families are served providing more than 24,800 hours of care to families in our community.
- Our Healthy Steps for Young Children program, which is part of our early intervention services, serves more than 800 children during most years. More than 3,000 developmental/family risk screens are completed. And our HealthySteps Developmental Specialists provide program services at more than 1,600 well-child visits.
Help make an even bigger impact and donate now.